Monday, March 3, 2008

Smashing Pumpkins @ O2 arena


I was a bit worried reading the reviews for the Nottingham gig, but wow I was blown away! Billy was in great spirit, ans quite talkative (for his standards anyway), making jokes and all. The crowd was good, singing along to a fantastic acoustic version of 1979, or during the quiet part of the BWBW chorus.
Great setlist too, Porcelina for a starter was great, an Mayonnaise was just... so good! And on the encore song, that I had never heard of before (It's an Echo and the Bunnymen cover apparently), Billy wasn't playing the guitar, he was dancing on stage instead. Very cool!
OK, the set was very naked, no fancy lights of decorum of any kind. And yes, Zero or Cherub Rock would have been nice, but that's just being fussy.

Here's my recording of Perfect; The image is crap I know, but the sound isn't too bad:

No comments: