Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Korn @ Brixton Academy

This is typically the kind of gig I wouldn't have been to, had it been anywhere else than Brixton Academy.
I do enjoy Korn's music, on small doses: They are too heavy, non stop, for my taste really.
So Brixton, with its barrier in the middle of the stalls, was the perfect place for it.


The supporting act, Flyleaf, was actually very good: Metal with a female singer, but not Evanescence....
Korn itself was good, although to be honest I got a bit bored at some point, as to me most songs sound the same. I did enjoy the Bagpipes though, and they also played Fagget, one of their old songs that happen to be my favourite of their songs.
Other than that, the band is good to see live, the drummer is truly amazing and I also really liked the guitarist's Pirate-of-the-Caribbeans-style looks...

Here's my recording of Fagget; as usual, it was recorded on my phone so the quality isn't very good...

No comments: