Friday, March 7, 2008

Editors @ Alexandra Palace

Last Wednesday evening was a disgrace.

Not because of the music really. The supporting act was Sons and Daughters, an interesting band. Even if I think their songwriting could be improved really, they have a groovy rhythm that makes their music very dance-y.
As for Editors, well the gig was definitely not as good as their Brixton Academy one, as the atmosphere only really took off at about two-third of the show. But I believe that's mostly due that the crowd that wasn't as good as in Brixton really, not so much the musicians themselves.
And the cover of the Cure's Lullaby was also worth noting.
During the encore, their PA broke down, and most bands would have just stopped. But they tried their hardest to get things sorted so they could play one last song, which turned out to be Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors - A song I personally relate to very much, working in a hospital myself. So That was great.

No, the problems on Wednesday were:
- Alexandra Palace is by far the shitiest venue in London. Sound is crap, it's impossible to get there. And what's with the drinks vouchers???
- During the show, I lost my mobile phone (which is why I have no pics/videos today). Or so I thought. But at the end, there were about 15 people looking for their phone in the middle of the venue, which very much hints of pick-pockets.
- As I finally got home, after about 1h30 of commute, i found that my boiler had just broken down: No hot water, no heat...

What a rubbish night indeed!

No comments: