Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Archive @ Scala

Two days before the gig, I got a message from the Archive Myspace saying that I could watch the band sound-check before the actual gig. Since that was going to be the third time this year I see them, this sounded like a good idea.

It was a complete waste of time.

I showed up at 5pm sharp (as requested in the registration e-mail), only to be told to wait in the Scala entrance. With 6 other guys, just as smitten as myself. We waited. For half an hour. Eventually, a woman showed up, and told us to follow her to the actual venue. There, we just sat while the band played three songs. I did get to exchange 3 words with one of the singers while he checked the sound from the outside (apparently all he could hear was the drums...). And then that was it, we were asked to leave the premises while the band doing The Interview (???) and come back when the doors open, at 7:00. It was 5:50...

To be honest the gig itself was really good, the set-list included two new songs that were simply brilliant. They didn't play Fuck U, but I guess they may be tiered of playing that one over and over...
The thing is, I was so pissed of by that ridiculous sound-check thing I didn't really enjoy the gig as much as I should have. Next time I'll know better...

No comments: