Thursday, November 29, 2007

Biffy Clyro @ Brixton Academy

Let's be honest 3 seconds: I am not a big fan of Biffy Cyro. I saw them support Muse in Paris last summer, and I wasn't impressed. That being said, they have a couple of great songs in their latest album, Puzzle. And Brixton Academy being at walking distance from my house, I had no excuse not to go...

The two supporting bands were The Matches and Oceansize. Both are very noisy, without any coherent songs or anything to grab my attention. Not very good.

As for Biffy, well, I did enjoy a lot the few songs where they had a full string section backing them, such as "Living is a problem because everything dies" and the amazing "9/15th". Also worth noting some interesting lights on stage.
For the last two songs I think, notably the finish of "semi-mental", there was a guest guitarist playing with them. No idea who he was though..
But other than that, it kind of all sounds the same... They are reasonably good performers, but I don't think their average song is really worth listening to.

I'm not really disappointed to be honest, I wasn't expecting too much of this gig anyway. And mind you, if they play here again, I'll probably go...

No comments: