Saturday, May 9, 2009

Franz Ferdinand Live

Franz Ferdinand's gig at the Apollo Hammersmith took place a while ago now, so I wont say too much about it. In any case, it was pretty much identical to their gig at the O2 a few days before: Really good, but 1h15 (including encore) is not enough for the main act.

One thing I really found interesting is the fact that the audience had the opportunity to buy a recording of the gig afterwards. Now that's something I have been wanting for a while now, as I knew the technology was there (and bootleggers have been offering that for years). Well obviously it's not quite ready yet, as I tried to find the place where to buy the recording after the gig but couldn't find it.... But at least the idea is around now, and hopefully it will become standard in the future to have the recording available after the show. In the meanwhile, it can be downloaded here.

And that's how bands should make money even though nobody's buying records any more...

Here's my recording of the song Outsiders:

No comments: