Thursday, February 22, 2007

Forget cassette

When Forget Cassette arrived onstage, about half an hour later, I got worried. The first song started with some electronic bass only, but the singer was busy playing them and did not really sing in her mike, and it seemed she didn’t have any voice at all…

How wrong was I!!!

As that song developed, I got totally sucked into it. The hypnotic bass and vocals really took of, and by the end of the song I was completely blown away! Unfortunately, the rest of the set did not really have the same intensity, but the songs were still very dark and powerful.
And the singer does have an amazing voice after all.

The low point however was the last song, which started with just piano and vocals, and ended with drums and noise, but didn’t seem to be going anywhere, and I couldn’t really figure out what they were trying to do. Oh well the rest of the gig was so good, I easily forgive them!

I must also say that most of the musicians playing in that band were actually from trail of Dead, so obviously they are closely related.

No comments: